Our activities in the field of superconductors covers both materials and applications development. Materials development is mainly concentrated on the low temperature superconductors (LTS), but the latest developments in the field of HTS materials are followed closely through different surveys.
At the moment our main interest in the field of applications is SMES (= Superconductive Magnetic Energy Storage).
Examples of surveys:
- Superconducting magnets in wind generator applications
- Superconductive bearins
- Superconductive busbar for for nuclear power plant
- Survey on high-temperature superconductors tapes and wires
- Survey on possible substitutive materials for LTS-wires
Examples of previous projects:
- Superconductivity and magnetic separation
Martti Paju, D.Sc. (Tech)
Director of the Centre
mob. +358-44-710 5337